Inner Architect’s focus is Social Direct Marketing based on the integration of social media channels with direct marketing strategies. We focus on producing positive measurable results for our clients. Do you know how to hire a consultant?
You are a COO, Marketing Director, or business owner and you are in charge of creating, executing, and maintaining a social media marketing plan. You understand the following challenges in executing this task:
- Time: you do not have the time to execute and maintain your company’s social media marketing plan
- Expertise: you do not have the expertise to leverage Twitter, Facebook, Google+, blogging, or mobile applications
- Expense: you do not have the budget to hire, train, and pay benefits to new employees to execute your marketing plan
What Are You Getting From Your Social Media Consultant?
What are you getting when you hire a social media consultant to run your company’s social media marketing efforts?
- Goals: have you identified your goals? Do you want to drive traffic to a brick n mortar? Are you looking for ecommerce online store traffic? Is your firm interested in protecting brand recognition and reputation? Are you tasked with growth?
- Strategy: do you have a specific strategy that you want the consultant to execute?
- Plan of Action: did you receive a written plan of action from your consultant on how they will achieve your desired goals?
- ROI Measurement: is your consultant explaining how he/she will measure their efforts within the chosen social networks to provide a clear picture of the ROI for your investment in their services?
- Progress Reports: has your consultant set up a schedule of regular reports detailing their progress?
Are You Ready to Participate?
Are you ready to provide the critical cooperation and help to your consultant to ensure success? Are you ready to authorize:
- Employees: allow your consultant to brief participating staff on your social media action plan
- Measurement: require your staff probe brick n mortar visitors or online visitors to understand which channel provided the motivation for their visit ie. Twitter, Facebook, mobile, email, postal literature, telesales, catalog
- Database Integration: are you ready to bring your chosen data points such as eCommerce, telesales, email, Twitter, Facebook. Google+, mobile all together in order to create life-time value for your consumers in each marketing channel?
If you are not receiving the services and planning from your consultant then consider your options. Review and use this article as a check list for what you should expect from your marketing consultant and from your organization. Be willing to take responsibility for your organizations’ willingness to compel employee participation, if agreed upon, in the social networks. The most successful company social media marketing programs begin with a top to bottom buy-in of social media, willingness to spread the word, and understanding of what is at stake in today’s digital landscape: company growth, reputation management, customer engagement, and brand perception.