Jon Cooper of the Philadelphia Business Journal wrote a great article outlining five reasons companies must have a mobile strategy in their marketing plan. After a close examination of each reason, we have come to the conclusion that mobile is not just a necessary strategy but a must have strategy.
5 Reasons Your Company Must Support a Mobile Strategy
1. Mobile Adoption: “Four or five times as many people have cell phones as have PCs.”
Innerarchitect: With the explosion in mobile phones, PCs will be going the way of the cord tethered land line phone-obsolescence
2. Mobile Content: “digital content hitches a ride in the consumer’s pocket and may literally guide him/her to your store or office.”
Innerarchitect: mobile users who share content, in real time, can share positive and negative experiences about your business. If you are not there to answer them they will leave this information unchecked on one of the hundreds of review sites (Yelp) available to them
3. Text Performance: “text messages far outperform e-mails in key metrics such as open rate. Ninety-five (95%) percent of text messages are typically opened inside the first 15 minutes. Your e-mail outreach program is struggling to maintain double digit open rates inside of several days.”
Innerarchitect: the open rate and time frame of open, 95%, far out performs the traditional open rates (15-25%) of e-newsletters or email marketing campaigns.
4. Links: “text messaging is short but they have the ability to carry, deliver shortened urls to a strategically targeted audiences.”
Innerarchitect: this is a huge advantage in delivering messages in real time that provide call to action lead generation for a business
5. Mobile Web Pages: “the combination of text messaging and mobile Web pages are “a powerful means of communicating important information to your audience.”
Innerarchitect: this is the key to the next generation of online communication and a wave that should not be missed.